Monday, August 16, 2010

How do i protect my DSL network from been hacked or used?

i have subscribe to a DSL service and i installed it and changed the password that comes with the modem i bought.Do i need to do anything else to protect my home network?i have zonealarm firewall ,AVG free edition,and spyware terminator installed too,i still feels that someone might access my network and use it for free! so what else should i do?



How do i protect my DSL network from been hacked or used?downloads



If you are a single computer or multiple computer, I recommend using a router. If you get a wireless router, then TURN ON the Wireless Security. On each computer, you can protect it further with the simplest firewall, such as the Windows Firewall the comes with Windows XP with SP2 or the free version that comes from Zone Alarm at http://www.zonelabs.com



Good luck and Happy Computing!



How do i protect my DSL network from been hacked or used?house call



use a firwall like zonealarm
Someone might be able to accept your network if your on a wireless connection and you didn't make it a secure network.

No comments:

Post a Comment