Friday, August 20, 2010

How to make Windows XP Pro more functional ?

I have some proferences on others when using my PC . So i categorize my question



1 i have a huge MUSIC collection



And i want to download more ! i want to manage them ! make DVDSs ! . For this i use utorrent , Media manager utility from Advanced System Optimizer, and Nero 8 ultra respectively . Is it ok or u have better suggestions ?



2 Music Conversion



I use pc as a DAW(Digital Audio Workstation) for song production and i need an all-in-one audio and video converter !



3 Media Player



Is WMP ok when added XP Codecs or is there a player that can play all media files ?Some changes to WMP for better use ?



4 Security



I have AVG free and Spyware Doctor . No?



5 System Backup



I made an image of the disk with Acronis True Image but i couldn't make the DVD 'cause i have 2 windows running and so the size goes to 10GB and there is no DVD of this size . So i have it on my hard drive , saved .No?



And secondly if i restore it will my both windows be done that way or just the one thats running ?



How to make Windows XP Pro more functional ?antispyware



1. for me use winamp for music collection and editoring some music file infos.(defrag your Pc if possible so ur HD will function fast, and better)



2.try ImToo Mpeg Video Encoder for converting videos,music, etc.



3. i don't use wmp as it make my PC slow progress... i use winamp as just i say...



4. AVG for free antivirus but i recommend norton as it got alot of virus database



5.back-uping files in an external hard disk will help......(about 120 GB is ok for large files, try to compress it to save space)



6. dunno know bout any software to scan crashes..(formatis it??). but the best way to check whether if ur pc is doing properly is 1st error disk scan, 2nd disk defrag, 3rd, scan for viruses.



7. no i think no computers will last for 4-5days unless if ur not that well care of ur pc...(me i try for up to 2 days and after that my sys. got burst up! in IBM Thinkpad 600, hahaha!!!)



hope that helps!(sorry for bad english grammart)

No comments:

Post a Comment