Friday, August 20, 2010

People who fix computers...how much would you charge for this..?

I am currently in the process of finishing my BA in computer information technology and sometimes fix comptuters for my family and friends....how much would you charge for my cousin.......



1.Installed a wireless router so he can get access to the internet to two PCs he had. (he didn't wireless access so disabled that)



2. Reinstalled Windows XP.



3. Installed a free antivirus, ''spyware terminator'' as well as limewire, quicktime, microsoft office 2003 (my cousin's cd), and nero (my cousins cd).



4. Before all that i backed up like 100 songs and some pictures he had and restored them on the new reinstalled PC.



How much should i charge him....plz consider that he is my cousin. ???



People who fix computers...how much would you charge for this..?agv



something reasonable



People who fix computers...how much would you charge for this..?antivirus software



I wouldn't charge him anything but I wouldn't push more than $100.
well for family i wouldn't charge any thing.......maybe dinner??? for someone off the street 100 bux..........if you had your own business maybe 125.00........overhead............



scott
Most shops, or MCDRT's, will charge 100-150 just to reinstall XP and get everything functional again. The router and software are not much time, the backup takes a little bit. 150 would be appropriate for all that at a shop. What you charge him is your call, but half that sounds about right, plus gas!!
cousin??? make him buy you dinner thats all. let him know if you have to see him for this problem again your gonna charge him $50.



anyone not related charge them.....$75

No comments:

Post a Comment