Monday, August 16, 2010

What can I do to make my computer and internet faster?

i have a windows xp... when i start my computer it takes about 4-5 minutes to get to the desktop. i have high speed internet but its not as fast as it could be... i've tried removing spyware and viruses, and i dont seem to have too many. maybe im not using a good virus remover? What can I do to make my computer faster?! And are there any good free virus and spyware scanners?



Best answer will be rewarded quickly!!



What can I do to make my computer and internet faster?computer protection



Starting Windows generally takes less time if you have very few icons on your desktop. One of my friends told me that and it significantly boosted my start-up speed.



Also, Lavasoft's Ad-Aware works very well to remove unwanted programs. It's free and is available at http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad-awar...



Going to Add/Remove Programs under Control Panel and removing programs you don't need also helps, as do Disk Cleanup and Disk Fragmenter (both under All Programs%26gt;Accesories%26gt;System Tools).



A registry cleaner such as Macecraft's (free 30-day trial at http://www.macecraft.com/downloads/) often helps, too. It worked wonders on my computer!



What can I do to make my computer and internet faster?free antivirus download



There are several excellent articles at

No comments:

Post a Comment