Sunday, August 8, 2010

I need PC Help?

I have on my PC right now AVG Free Edition and Ad-Aware SE Personal. I am running Windows XP on a PC, not laptop. I would like to get PC in best shape, without paying for full editions on scanners. Can anybody give me a 'list' of things to do, programs to use, in order? Maybe daily things to do to ensure pc is fast and free of viruses, spyware, etc?



I need PC Help?free spyware remobal



-Real Time Spyware/Adware protection: Microsoft has Windows defender. It is a real time scanner for spyware and offers real time protection. It's free for genuine Windows users.



Firewall: Zone Alarm offers a free firewall, better than a windows firewall. Windows firewall only blocks inbound intrusions not outbound. Zone alarm will block both and offers to monitor your anti virus. It also monitors your outlook mail.



Others: Spybot Search and Destroy is excellent too for a manual spyware scan.



Also, have automatic updates setup for windows/microsoft updates to keep those security holes closed.



If you are really paranoid, Mozilla is nice browser versus Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer recently went an upgrade from 6.0 to 7.0. You can upgraded IE's browser but err of caution. I have seen 7.0 sometimes slow or crash a user's computer preventing access to the internet. You may want to wait until Microsoft clears up any bugs in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment